This series covers information sheets about POP from professional health organisations. These pages, though they don't necessarily go into a great deal of detail, are a good place to start. They help you gain a clear understanding of POP.
Their prolapse information sheet can be found here: Prolapse and Bladder Weakness.
Their information sheet on prolapse is quite detailed, and has a really clear focus on giving women accurate information on which to base their decisions.
The key strengths of this information sheet include:
- A clear diagram showing types of prolapse
- A table showing the degrees of prolapse
- A table showing the different types of tests that you may have to undergo, and what they involve
- A table showing treatment and management options
- It was updated recently (January 2014), to bring it in line with current research