Bethesda Naval Hospital in America has created a great detailed video to explain prolapse to its patients.
This video can be accessed on YouTube, or viewed here:
The video covers the following points:
- What is prolapse?
- Different types of prolapse (explained using animated diagrams)
- Types of treatment that are available
- An overview of some types of surgery
- A detailed explanation of Sacrocolpopexy surgery
- A discussion of the risks and benefits of different types of treatments
Warning: This video includes footage of a Sacrocolpopexy surgery. This footage begins at 6 minutes. Please stop watching the video at this point, or do not watch the video at all, if this will be distressing to you or if it will stop you from seeking appropriate treatment.