Friday, 30 May 2014

Which Health Professional Should You be Seeing?

Continence Foundation of Australia
Being diagnosed with a prolapse can plunge you into a world filled with unfamiliar medical terminology.
One of the most confusing things can be navigating which type of professional you should seek help from. A continence nurse? A women's health physio? A urogynaecologist? What the heck even is a urogynaecologist?
The Continence Foundation of Australia has put together a really informative page that tells you what the qualifications of each of these professionals are, and in what situation they can help you. This is particularly important when finding a properly qualified physiotherapist, or when choosing which type of professional should perform your surgery (if you choose to have surgery).
This great resource is available here: Which Health Professional?
Remember, the Continence Foundation of Australia can also help you to find an appropriate practitioner close to where you live. Call their help line 1800 33 00 66 Monday to Friday 8AM to 8PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment